Movie Mania - Practical Scrappers Challenge

Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's Spring Break time here in Texas and I have enjoyed relaxing and catching up on all of the latest movies in theaters this week. One of the best movies that I've seen is Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland". I'm a big fan of Johnny Depp so this was a must see for me!

I've even been inspired to create this Family Movie Night Keepsake Tin for my friend's birthday. I've had the paper and some of the embellishments for a while now, so I entered this in the Practical Scrappers challenge to use something you've had for over a year. You can click here to visit Practical Scrappers to see all the challenge entries.

To make this tin I first ventured off to Home Depot and bought some empty paint cans. About a year ago, my scrapbooking pals and I went to our favorite scrapbook store called Archivers where I found some great designer paper. Me and My Big Ideas and My Mind's Eye make great paper.


After making and buying the right embellishments and matching colored ribbon, I ended up with the finished product. I lined the inside with matching tissue paper and filled it with movie goodies such as microwave popcorn, assorted candy, and a Blockbuster gift card. I hope she likes her gift. I've got to make more of these for gift giving throughout the year!

For more creative inspiration check out these cute movie gift ideas I found on Etsy. Featured here are: 
Alice In Wonderland Pouch at Pink Paisley1

Buttered Popcorn Stud Earrings at On Beyond Zebra

Film Vinyl Decal at Medium Control


Comment below and tell us - What's your favorite movie? Or tell us a great movie that you've seen recently. Comment to be entered in a drawing to win a $10 Gift Certificate from Cokie Pop Paper Boutique!

The winner will be announced next Sunday, March 28th. Good Luck!

And the winner of the Sonora Kay Creations giveaway is Samy at Princess Samy. Congrats to you and I hope you enjoy your beautiful Dreamcatcher earrings!
Samy said...

I really enjoyed Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" as well! The Mad Hatter and Cheshire Cat were my favorites ;)

Also: Yay, I won! Thank you so much :D

Pinkpaisley1 said...

I loved Alice in Wonderland too, and my pouch looks darling on your blog! Thanks so featuring it. Pinkpaisley1

BrendaB said...

Love the idea of a movie night treat pail - so creative, Angi! The last movie I saw was "The Blind Side"- great picture!

nomadcraftsetc said...

That movie night pail is adorable! What a fantastic idea!

Kim. said...

I love your movie night idea especially the colour scheme and you have given me an idea for my daughters friend, they are having a sleep over as a birthday treat and each need to take something along, I think one of these filled with movie goodies will be appreciated. My favourite fills has to be the new Alice In Wonderland at the moment I saw it last week in 3d and it was fantastic.
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

I love the movie night pale...makes me want a good movie and popcorn.

The Hillbilly Wife said...

The Littlest Princess!!!!!

NGS said...

My favorite move is Babe. Yep. The movie about the pig. I sobbed the first time I saw it and I've watched it a million times since then. It just hits that right note with me.

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Fabulous! I love this altered bin. I too have many embellishments screaming to be used up. Thank you for joining us this week at Practical Scrappers.
Hugs
Tanya

magicwanda said...

Wow what a great gift....
I LOVE Johnny Depp And I really loved Alice in Wonderland .
Great job!
Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers
Wanda:-D

Christina said...

Christina - xristya@rock.com - My favorite movie is The Conformist, a movie about betrayal because of fear and politics.

Anonymous said...

Your project is cute as can be! I loved Alice in Wonderland also and I'm not even that big of a Johnny Depp fan. He was fabulous as the Hatter.

The last movie I saw was Remember Me about a week ago and I loved it!

Corinna
Practical Scrappers design team

Blooming Crafts (Judit) said...

Ok lets see I love A Time to Kill and Interview with a Vampire. and you know i think you make CUTE stuff. love the movie can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scrappin_mom3 said...

This is a very cute project! I love altered items (they are my fav to create)and this is just another fabulous one! GREAT idea!

Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers!

hugs,
Kerri

lin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
trixx said...

The best movie I've seen recently is Avatar in 3D IMAX. Very cool! I need to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D IMAX too. Maybe this weekend!

alli said...

My favorite movie is Rear Window - I love Hitchcock films!

COPYRIGHT COKIE POP PAPER ・POWERED BY BLOGGER